In baked goods, potato flour has several functions:
- Liquid binding: attracts and holds water and aids in producing moist yeast bread and rolls.
- Thickener: increases the viscosity of many food systems including sauces and gravies.
- Color: provides a pale yellow color, and free sugars for Maillard’s browning reaction.
- Flavor: imparts a characteristic sweet and earthy flavor.
- Increases shelf life stability
- Texturizer: provides soft and tender crumb.
- Decreases dough development time.
Typical nutritional value of commercial potato flour per 100 g:
Potato flour provides 357 kcal per 100 gram. It contains considerable amounts of vitamin B6 and minerals, mainly iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium and zinc.
These are Potato Flour benefits